You are covered for:
- direct material damage resulting from the abnormal intensity of a natural agent as well as for the (justified) costs of demolition, clearing, pumping and disinfection
- the costs of geotechnical studies concerning the restoration of your habitat
- rehousing costs, loss of use and rent.
It is only brought into play by intermenstrual decree which notes the state of natural disaster.
Civil Liability Insurance for Private Life
The guarantee covers the financial consequences of physical, material and immaterial damage that you could cause to a third party in your everyday life. It also extends to:
- your children continuing their studies in France for their school and extracurricular activities,
- your home employee (s) in the exercise of their function (s),
- things that you own (unhitched tiller, bicycle, lawn mower),
- your home and everything around (garden, terrace, driveway),
- your domestic animals (dogs, cats, birds, rabbits and small rodents), your cattle, sheep and goats (2 animals maximum, all species combined)
- and your trailers weighing less than 750 kg if they are not hitched to a motor vehicle.
- Finally, the practice of occasional babysitting by an insured child is also included.
*** The Comfort package also includes damage caused by your children studying abroad, during an internship.
The operation of this guarantee is modeled on that of natural disasters, which is called upon to intervene as soon as an interministerial order is taken to note the state of natural disaster after floods or a cyclone for example.
Thus, since the law of July 30, 2003, any individual subscribing to a home or automobile damage insurance contract has an extension covering damage resulting from a technological disaster. The property damage contract is subject to a fixed contribution intended to supply a compensation fund for technological accidents.
A technological disaster is defined as an accident occurring:
- either in a classified installation, that is to say subject to declaration or authorization as well as so-called “Seveso” sites (site presenting a major industrial risk due to the hazardous materials it uses),
- either in an underground storage of hazardous products,
- has also occurred during the transport of dangerous goods.
This accident must also have caused damage to a large number of real estate.
Good to know: this definition excludes any accident resulting from atomic risk.
Thus, a disaster like that of Fukushima in Japan cannot be assimilated to a technological disaster for two reasons: firstly because it is the result of a natural event (tsunami) but above all because it is linked to the atomic risk.
On the other hand: an oil spill, the explosion of a truck or a wagon transporting dangerous products, or that of a factory like AZF would concern the state of technological disaster referred to in article L.128-1 of Insurance Code.
Operation of the guarantee and settlement of claims
With regard to the risks associated with residential premises, only damage to the house or apartment taken as the main residential premises is covered, to the exclusion of any other construction assigned to an outbuilding use (garage, shed, garden sheds, barn, etc.).
The legal guarantee also covers movable property contained in the insured residential premises.
Attacks and acts of terrorism
You have coverage for direct material damage and decontamination costs resulting from these acts.
for accidental damage caused by:
- your electrical devices (electrical and electronic devices, office equipment and accessories, electric gates and shutters),
- your electrical pipes and which are the result of a fall of lightning or the action of electricity. (optional in basic formula)
All real estate risks
This warranty is valid only for owners. It takes into account the damage resulting from other accidents or events, such as the fall of a tree and objects, impact with a land vehicle, etc.